Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My Favorite Bass Players.

Now keep in mind that I'm just listing my FAVORITE bass players, not the best. If I had to list the best, That list would include the Late Jaco Patorious.

  1. Paul McCartney. If you listen to his work in songs like Penny Lane or Something, you'd hear the fantastic melodic work. McCartney isn't a rhythm bass player.
  2. Flea of Red Hot Chili Peppers. He did for the bass what Eddie Van Halen did for lead guitar.
  3. Mark King of Level 42. He's a poppin' madman! And he's British to boot!
  4. Doug Pinnick of Kings X. Doug is an awesome bass player, with style and timing that fits perfectly with the amazing playing of Ty Tabor.
  5. Bootsy Collins has been the backbone beat for so many bands that it would be difficult for me to list them all here.
  6. Chris Squire has been a great example of someone with a really distinctive style of playing. No matter what he plays on, its obviously him playing.
  7. John Entwhistle of The Who. He died just before the start of the 2004 tour at the sad age of 54. He wasn't the greatest bass player, but he knew when to how to play. I really liked his solo album, "Too Late the Hero."

No comments: